8 Nov 2009

Twilight

I have always had a fascination for vampires. They are always very, very good looking, immortal and despite their cool skin, very hot. I don't really know when I started to be fascinated, or what brought it on, but suddenly I crave them. Everything about them. Could they be real? Is there vampires walking among us? Probably not, but it is a bewildering thought, nonetheless.

I know that people talked about Interview with a vampire quite early, well, I was 14 when it came. But I didn't see it till later. I don't know if it was my fear of the dark and unknown that kept me away from it for a while. It is a great movie which I haven't seen for a while actually, I believe it is time to see it soon. But I did enjoy Dracula before that.

Now the vampires are very popular again. Twilight, True Blood and The Vampire Diaries have seen to that. I really wasn't that impressed with Twilight the movie. It was too slow for my taste, sure there were vampires, but I really didn't see why everyone fell in love with Robert Pattinson as Edward. I really don't find Robert that attractive. After reading the book, however, I can see the fascination for Edward. The novel is so much better. So, I'm hooked. Am going to see New Moon as soon as possible. I already have a date too. :P Perhaps I will change my mind about Pattinson as Edward.

Maybe just the fact that he is portraying a vampire does the trick. ;) It is possible. But I do think the books is much better than the movie anyway. So much get lost in the adaptation. Very few adaptations can do the original justice, in my opinion.


Pic borrowed from E Online.

No comments: