1 Feb 2010

Dead Until Dark

I have just finished reading (well, listening to actually) the first novel in the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark. As you may, or may not know, these are the novels that the popular Tv-series True Blood is based on. But I must say, the books are better. Even if we get to see everything through Sookie's eyes, and the fact that they have added  characters and events in the series. Of course I have the images of the cast in my head. Yes, I find Stephan Moyer's Bill Compton very attractive. And yes, I find fellow Swede Alexander Skarsgård very, very attractive as Eric Northman. Anna Paquin is great as Sookie.They have explored other characters in the series, even if the focus is on Sookie, we get to see more of for example, Sam and Jason in the Tv-series, which is good too.

The book is from a first person perspecitve and Sookie is the one we are following. I usually prefer it to be third person, because I would so like to know what everyone is thinking. I'm kind of nosy... :P I mean wouldn't you like to know what is going on inside of Bill's head? Or Eric's for that matter?

These books are a lot more juicy than say, Twilight, which is quite sweet in comparison (in the first two-three books anyway). They are more like Laurell K. Hamilton's series about Anita Blake. Rawer and much sexier. I like it. It has all the elements I like in a book; romance, vampires,  a little bit of violence, a whole lot of sex...

If you like the tv-series, read the books, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

The pics: 
Dead Until Dark from Wikipedia
True Blood from True Blood News

1 comment:

Annmi said...

I like Vampires a lot,but most in movie ;)

Hug from Annmi