23 Feb 2010

True Blood Season 2

*Spoiler alert*  
If you haven't seen season two, and don't want to know about it, stop reading here.

I've finally had the time to watch all of the episodes of season two of True Blood. I probably should have let more time pass before I did it, because all I did now was to complain about how this and that didn't happen like that in the book. My hubbie became quite put out with me. "It's only based on the books," he said, continuously. And I didn't get to see Eric in lycra, well the sexparty-thingie didn't really happen like that in the book. Lafayette didn't even get killed. I have much trouble relating to the book now. The series is still good, but I think they have changed too much for my liking.

One thing I really liked was the relationship between Hoyt and Jessica, they were so sweet. Too bad Jessica went all vamp in the last eppi. I wander what is going to happen there.

And the thing with Maryann the meanad? I just didn't get that, so not what the book said. And Eric inviting Lorena, Bill's maker? What's that all about. I did, however, like the relationship between Eric and Godric. That showed a more sensitive side to Eric, which shows even more in the books. I like that side of him. He is not as ruthless as he seems.

I do still enjoy the tv-series, though I find the books even better. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next season, which is to be aired this summer.

Picture borrowed from True-Blood.net.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have seen both the seasons of True Blood and waiting for its 3rd season. i just love this show.