29 Jan 2010

I May be a Trekkie Yet

I saw the new Star Trek movie the other day. Apparently you can rent movies via the Xbox these days. That's kind of cool. Quite cheap and in full HD. My first full HD experience. I have never been a big fan och Star Trek, only seen one movie before (First Contact and it was the first date with my ex). I have never really been a fan of out-of-this-world kind of movies. But I might just change my mind. Well, my hubbie has slowly, but surely changed my view of sci-fi and unworldly stuff. Like Star Wars and such.

Anyway, we watched the movie, and I actually liked it. I might just have to check out a few of the other movies and series that has been made. I have seen a couple of episodes here and there, but never in the right order. Even if I have some aversion toward the outfits... Luckily in the new movie they are a bit more up to date.

I must say that they have done an excellent job with the casting. Chris Pine could be William Shatner's son for sure, and Zachary Quinto is great as Spock. Of course, they are way hotter, at least in today's standards. Really great movie. See it, if you're into that kind of things...

No comments: