7 Jan 2010

New Moon - The Movie

So, I finally went to see New Moon, the movie, on Tuesday. After seeing the trailer I must say that my expextations were pretty low. And perhaps because of that I didn't think it sucked. But I have to say I think the acting was pretty bad. The only time when Robert Pattinson actually looked "alive" was at the very end when he told Bella his condition for turning her himself. There's this teasing smile and twinkle in his eyes that makes me see why people thinks he is so attractive. Otherwise, he was kind of flat. Kristen Stewart too. I don't really like how she portraits Bella. She makes her more helpess than she actually is.But I do like Taylor Lautner's Jacob. He seems so genuine.


There is now way you can even begin to compare the novel with the movie. So much is lost. Sure, I think New Moon is better than Twilight, but that's mainly because it's more action in New Moon. And then there is the problem with not liking the actors. ;) Therein lies the problem with liking a book so much. The expectations are so high and you want the movie to be as you have pictured it in your head. But I have found that it's better to have no expectations and be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed.

The soundtrack, however, is great! Check it out! :) 

Picture borrowed from The Twilight Guide.

No comments: