11 Dec 2009

"Oldie" but Goldie



One of my favourite tv series of all times is Young Americans. It aired in Sweden 2001 and at the time I was kind of love sick. I devoured everything lovey-dovey. My boyfriend at the time was in Kosovo as a UN-soldier (or what you might call it), and I missed him like crazy. The thing is, the obsession did not start at once. I began watching the first episode, but didn't find it that interesting. If I had just seen it all, the kiss on the roof top and that, I know I would be hooked! But now I didn't. It was not until I happened to see episode 4, Cinderbella, when it hit. I was completely and utterly addicted. Mainly to Jake and Hamilton. Awesome story. 

So then I got into writing Fan Fiction, reading fan fiction, joining JaHammer groups, you name it, I did it. Yes, I am 14 at heart. :P I even met up with other Swedes with the same obsession! 

Basically, it is about five youngsters, of which 4 is attending Rawley Academy for boys. Jacqueline Pratt aka Jake (Katherine Moennig), is there, dressed as a boy, trying to show her actress mother that she has no clue. Hamilton (Ian Somerhalder), the dean's son, falls for Jake, Will (Rodney Scott), townie boy, is there on a scholarship, Scout (MarkFamiglietti) is a senator’s son who falls for townie chick Bella (Kate Bosworth) who just might be his half sister. Intrigues, intrigues. I love it.


My favourite couple is Jake and Ham. They are just so cute together. Lots of teenage anxiety and issues. I like it. I have written one fanfic about Jake and Ham. It is not finished yet, but will be soon. If you are interested click here.

No comments: