8 Apr 2010

The Notebook

I have heard so much about The Notebook, and was really glad to stumble upon it on telly the other day. I had to see it. But I was gravely disappointed. I don't know why, I mean it's all there. A great love story, the regular difference in social status, the forbidden love and someone has to leave. I should like it. But I didn't. I didn't even cry, and I'm a big softy. Sure, a little teary-eyed in the end. Because, that was the best I think. Perhaps it was too predictable. There was nothing more to the story, nothing that really made it special. I thought it rather boring.


Not even Ryan Gosling or Rachel McAdams could make it come alive. The scenery was great though. I love the costumes and cars... But there it ended.

You may very well disagree with me. If you do, please leave a comment and tell me why it's supposed to be so great. Thanks! ;)

Pic borrowed from Moviephotos. 

No comments: