10 Nov 2011

The Vampire Diaries s 3

Pic from cwtv
*Warning, there might be spoilers...*

So, last season, Stefan went "rouge" in order to save his brother. And Klaus has him bloodthirstier than ever. And I must say I'm actually liking this darker, more brooding Stefan than the goodie two shoes from previous seasons. I have always been partial to him over Damon even if I'm very fond of Ian Somerhalder. Damon has always been too bad for me.

I've recently started to read through the books by L.J Smith of which the tv-series is based on, hoping it would be as epic as Twilight or The Southern Vampire mysteries. You know that the books are so much better than the series. But so far I'm not that impressed. Perhaps if I had read it before I watched it, but I really do think the tv-series is better so far. I've just started book two, The Struggle, and I guess it's getting better. I knew from the start that it would be very different from the tv-series and I was able to see them as two separate things, and therefore enjoy it more, I think.
Borrowed from Wikipedia

I'm just surprise just how much they have changed, I guess to get better tv. I mean Jeremy is 4 year old Margaret, Caroline and Elena aren't even friends, Elena is blonde and where has Meredith gone?

But, all and all, when considering the tv-series and the books as two totally different things, that might in some ways be similar, I think the books are pretty good. :) But I still like the tv-series better and am looking forward to see the rest of this season. Can't wait to see if Stefan will chose Elena again and be "good" or if Elena actually realises that Damon is quite the catch after all... :P

No comments: