8 Mar 2010

Favourite of the Week

I thought I would start a trend. A regular feature here in my blog called "Favourite of the week". I haven't exactly decided on what it will entail, but, I had planned on like character, actor/ess or novel or... well basically anything, really.

So with out further ado, I give you...
Eric Northman, viking vampire and character in Charlaine Harris' novel series Southern Vampire Mysteries. He is roughly about a thousand years old. He's Swedish. And so very sexy. He's tall and well built if we may trust Sookie Stackhouse (“handsome, in fact, radiant; blond and blue-eyed, tall and broad shouldered. He was wearing boots, jeans, and a vest. Period. Kind of like the guys on the cover of romance books.”). He's all together attractive. And even though he's a flirt and perhaps somewhat of a player and bad boy, we get to see a softer, more sensitive side of him in Dead to the World when he's bewitched and without a memory of the vampire he used to be. He grows as a character in the books, which don't think comes across in the Tv-series True Blood. I do, however, approve of them choosing Alexander Skarsgård and the fact that he speaks Swedish from time to time. :) It cracks me up every time.

I really like the way he always sound so seductive... It really, when listening to the audio book, sends shivers down my spine, and it's really a woman reading it! That's good writing, right? :P

Don't you just want to eat him up? 

Pictures from: True-blood.net and Deviantart

No comments: